Damsel Distress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

witmerboarder

AC Members
Oct 29, 2007
NE Indiana
The clown's fins have been steadily growing back. He is a lot happier now and has adopted one of the rocks as his surrogate anemone and brings it food each time. All the fish in my tank seem happier and come out more now that the damsels are gone.

snailrider

AC Members
Oct 30, 2007
davesbmw.com
Good to hear that they are all happy. Hope the Damsels get a new Happy home also :)

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
It's amazing how getting rid of a certain fish can change the personality of your whole tank. When I got rid of my aggressive sixline wrasse the whole tank seemed a lot calmer.

It's amazing how quickly your clowns' fins will grow back.

alpha123

Return to the sea '08
Mar 18, 2008
Houston
Too be fair, any fish that breaks in a tank deserves to stay. Even if you have to "egg crape" the tank in half.

Damsels are not evil, they are just smart. They are smaller than other fish in the reef, yet they survive.

alpha123

Return to the sea '08
Mar 18, 2008
Houston
I cycled my tank with cured LFS LR and fish food (couldn't find a shrimp in the frig. lol). When the reading was finally 0/0/4, the gold damsel was the first guy in. Reason is I could never tell how a brand new tank will behave, and Sunshrine costs only $5, to be honest. Like a first paratrooper in a war zone, that guy is staying.

witmerboarder

AC Members
Oct 29, 2007
NE Indiana
The damsels are happily now part of the LFS live rock tank he keeps a few fish in that tank but they are not for sale. So at least they won't be cycling another tank. He said they won't come out of that tank until they float to the surface.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store