Dave's 90 gallon reef story

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
NanoMan said:
I wanna see some up close shots of the sump.
So you're a fan of calcium deposits, algae and salt creep?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll try to take a few. It's not easy with the brace in the middle.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I have nightmares of salt creep but I also have a HOB skimmer and filter. Reading here, with these threads..... I'm thinking of making some changes. I'm not happy with the SW tank and the SC is driving me up a wall. So, I've printed up some of these threads for home reading (don't like to be on the PC too much at home) and will be doing a lot of homework.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
With all the fun of the new seahorse tank, the reef's been neglected. Here are a few from tonight.

The whole tank looks a bit different. The SPS have been growing and taking over, and the gorgonians are getting pushed out. The big sea blade, and the sea plume, are now in the seahorse tank. I keep hearing that gorgonians produce toxins that irritate other corals, but the fact is they keep losing fights, even with "meek" SPS like montipora. I got a beatiful hammer "frag" (more like a colony) in trade last month, and it was temporarily in the front of the tank. The sinularias on the left are mad because I fragged them for the meeting on Saturday.

Sorry about the focus.

the November shot for comparison

A couple of acros I got at MACNA.

In November

Tonight

More to follow.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Tonight I tried to get some pics of the fish. They are a lot harder. They move faster than corals.

Mrs Friedman, the female orchid dottyback. It seems nearly impossible for the camera to focus on the dottybacks, as if it doesn't see them. She is so much more gorgeous in person.

The foxface. They really are fantastic SW fish. Always out, pretty to look at, easy to feed. I just hope this one doesn't develop a taste for corals.

The clowns and their toadstool. They do a timeshare between this coral and some zoanthids down below. I don't know if it's true, but it seems like the toadstool has extended its polyps a lot farther since these guys have taken up residence.

Red, the female clown. I got this fish as a pup a little over 5 years ago.

The kole tang. For some reason, it likes to sniff around in this monti.

And last, a shot of the new hammer, with my old frogspawn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store