Devastation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TETRALADY

AC Members
Apr 1, 2003
s. Florida
www.sunsetmanor.us
Hi Steve B,

Unfortunately, I'm going through the same thing. You may find the following article very helpful:

Ichthyophthirius Multifiliis (White Spot) Infections in Fish

Tetra's are extremely sensitive to Malachite Green. The active ingredient in Ick Guard II is Formalin which is much safer for Tetra's. Also water changes are very important . Every time you dose your tank it's recommended you perform a 25% water change.

As I mentioned I'm going through the same thing so far I've only lost one tetra following the above adivce.

Steve B

AC Members
Mar 9, 2003
Bucks County, PA
Visit site
The last time I added fish was about three or four weeks ago, two panda cories. I cannot think of anything that I did different over the past month. Just my normal weekly water changes (about 25%). Pulled out my plants (artificial - silk) and washed them off. Water temperature has been pretty consistent around 78 degrees. During one water change it did drop down to about 74 - 75 degrees. This has happened before without any adverse effects.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused this outbreak is the addition of the two pandas but wouldn't I have seen the outbreak before now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store