dirtiest fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Cherry-Fin Loaches for me. They go into a feeding frenzy at dinner time. It is such a frenzy that they forget the 'feeding' part and just kick everything (food, sand, debris, fish poo, plants, other fish) around. The water tends to become a cloudy mess for about 10-15 minutes afterwards.

And then they go foraging in the sand on the other side of the tank. :screwy:

Course maybe I can't technically call them 'dirty' since the tank appears cleaner afterwards (filter on the other hand...). :cool:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
It's probably a toss up between goldies and plecos... but I like them anyway. Think I'd lean more toward plecos.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
The only fish in my 20 gallon high currently are one 3" BN pleco, one little Ram and one shrimp. That tank gets dirtier than the 55 gallon cichlid tank by far - I have to vacuum the gravel at least twice weekly.

I also have a tank with a bunch of frogs, but they are the cleanest underwater critters I've ever had. Have never seen any of them poop, and never see it in the tank. It's weird, in a good way.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store