Discus Bullying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

number1sixerfan

AC Members
Sep 11, 2006
Don't blame yourself too much. Discus are cichlids, no matter how peaceful they look. I have a 4 inch discus that will bully some of my 6 inch discus. You never know.

Good Luck.

sarafish

AC Members
Oct 3, 2008
UPDATE on bully+pics

ok, day 4 for bully. he has setteled a bit but still chasing reds around.Pics are attached taken w/ my @!$#@ Camera. u can c in 2nd one blue meanie chasing reds, bottom left corner says it all. Thanku all for putting up with my general paranoia this week. I had fish for over 10yrs but these are my 1st discus and i love them already.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

f5sh 071.JPG f5sh 053.JPG f5sh 060.JPG

sarafish

AC Members
Oct 3, 2008
ok... a bit of a update esp to those ppl w/ the same problem. o...blu meanie. where do i start? With plants in the tank and rock/wood placed so his eye line is broken has helped AOT! Hes not nearly as bad as he was at the start but he still chases and nips and doesnt "school up" w/the ohers. I must admit i took him back to my lfs but went back the nxt day cuz i missed him. Im toying w/ the idea of leavin him in that tank wen i get my new 1 *****sssoooooo excited bout that! but yea hes not so bad that im not stresing watchng him anymore....boy has he grown though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store