Discus Fry (20 days)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

duffer

AC Members
Sep 25, 2005
Usually, when you cross a pigeon blood type discus with a blue discus you get lots of peppering in the fry. I hope you grow out a few to 4 inches in size and post some photos of them. It will be interesting to see how these fry turn out.

nc0gnet0

Discus Breeder
Oct 31, 2009
Grand Rapids
Real Name
Rick
Usually, when you cross a pigeon blood type discus with a blue discus you get lots of peppering in the fry. I hope you grow out a few to 4 inches in size and post some photos of them. It will be interesting to see how these fry turn out.
Both of these fish have pigeon blood genes, the exception is the male is also an albino. But when you consider the offspring between an albino and a non albino, you have to treat the albino as a non-albino. In this case that would be a red melon (PB based) x a mercury(also pb based).

The mercury strain is not the same as say a blue diamond or blue cobalt, the mercury is a pigeon blood.

nc0gnet0

Discus Breeder
Oct 31, 2009
Grand Rapids
Real Name
Rick
Just a quick update...here they are at 34 days:

And here is a new batch (different pair) on the way.....sorry for the bad pictures on this group:

Temptress

Total Newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Minnesota
Awesome! I love love love baby fishies! One of my new discus just spawned today too.. tho there will be no babies, the fish she hangs out with all the time showed no interest in fertilizing them.. it's still pretty darn exciting! =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store