Discus' New 125 Gallon Home (several pics..)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
Originally posted by Grassguy
:eeek: Whoa, would you look at that. Awesome set-up. Wish I could do somethin like that. Maybe some day. Gotta get the land cleared, house built, etc etc.:sad
Do I sense a custom, built in tank in the works?

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Matak
How about an army of tank cleaners; SAE's, Oto's, Amanos and the like?
I have 8 SAE's but would like to find Amanos or other warm water shrimp. I'm pretty sure the Oto's would "melt" in the water I have.. :eek:

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Joe,
I remember a few years ago I bought some yellow shrimp, they looked really cool. They were about an inch and half big (a nice size shrimp) and were from the Amazon. Atleast that is what my shop keeper kept on telling and reasurred me that they were not dyed ghost shrimp. But then again, i had them for over a year and they did really well in a tank filled with medium sized angels.

jim

sumoschro

Gold Thunder
Aug 16, 2003
Portland, Oregon
i think a school of some smaller fish would look awesome in that tank, like silver tips, neons, or like LMOUTHBASS said, cardinals.

penguin tetras would look god in there too, because they would match your SAE's.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Re: 20

Originally posted by LMOUTHBASS
cardinals or so woul look UNREAL beautiful tank mate
Just how did you know they are on order !?
Actually, back-order.. They were supposed to be in Thursday.
And, exactly 20 of them... :D

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by Jeremy S
Wow, that looks beautiful Joe. :cool: Don’t the bubbles that you have running drive off the CO2?
Thanks..!
Yes, the bubbles were just for a short time for the 'changeover' ... I heard it could only help the fish out some, with the new tank. CO2 loss for a short period is no big deal, and the plants have to get re-established too. The CO2 would most likely not help much at first...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store