DIY 3D background

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
usually you wont notice anything until after a week or two.

Have any pics of your rainbows?

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Thanks, once I get a nicer camera I can actually take a photo where you can actually see what is what.. lol

On a side note I have been watching the rainbow cichlids. I'm about 75% sure I have a male and female. There is no chasing that I can see between the two. They seem to hang together, and the smaller of the two seem to be more rounder in the tummy. I'm keeping my fingers cross, and hopefully in the next few months I'll have a breeding pair.

paperdog9

AC Members
Dec 13, 2010
Wow thats great! I like the "dim" look of the tank, it makes it look really natural!

What is the brand of the sealer you used? Do you think it would be safe if I put a layer of the sealer on the foam, then a layer of paint, then more layers ( a lot) of sealer? I'm building a paludarium so I was just curious if it would be worth saving the money on epoxy paint. Thanks!

Last edited:

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
the sealer is water resistant type, and it doesn't have a brand name on it, just says
grout and tile sealer, (also says for use on cement)

I'm not sure how it would work adding it before the paint. But if you have some extra pieces of foam left, do a test run on it before doing it on your main piece. That should help you decide which way to go.

paperdog9

AC Members
Dec 13, 2010
Ok thanks, I'll see how it goes when I get my project going!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store