diy co2 help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oscardelahoya

on my way
Sep 30, 2010
central ohio
Thanks everyone, the problem isn't the 2 liter its the reactor I made. The threads for the lid aren't air tight and it leaks out through there. I have a 2 liter set up now and it works fine. I just don't want to think I wasted money to build it to use a 2 liter.

DGC

All in One
May 8, 2010
London
Real Name
Darrell
Do you have a pic of this reactor im a bit lost. I have 4 x 2l coke bottles all on seperat lines going into a jar with 1 line comming out and going to powerhead. i seal the jar with silicon.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
Yeap, I would be interested in seeing this DIY reactor myself. How about a pic, perhaps just a tinee-tiny one? We are curious.
DGC,
how big of a tank do you add 4 hook-ups to or are these lines going to several tanks?

prober

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
eastern Washington (the state)
Real Name
Jeff
DGC, what brand of powerhead is that? Does it have the airline attachement in the output nozzle? I used to have one like that and thought it would work great for co2.

If I can't find one then I will just stick a foam filter on the intake and run an airstone to it.

DGC

All in One
May 8, 2010
London
Real Name
Darrell
Sigrid - its an 80 gallon - took a while to get the mix right but it works (8cups sugar and 10grams yeast every sunday) - i would love a pressurized setup but regulators are way too expencive here.

prober - its more of a fountain pump(airline attach to outlet, the tank is in my bedroom and this you cant hear) with built in filter creates a lovely fine jet of co2 through the back of the tank - diy canister filter then pics it up and shoots it across front of tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store