DIY CO2 recipe for 20oz bottles

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
James - two questions (apologies if they've been answered previously):

Have you tried it with a larger amount of yeast, just to be sure thats not an issue?

Are you using tap water, bottled water, what? If tap, dechlorinated city water or well water?
no...haven't tried increasing the yeast. was only going by the recipe's that others have recommended.

i am using well water. i have tried both straight from the tap and most recently treated water with prime just as if i were to add it to the tank.

going to make up another batch sunday..tomorrow is raceday so will be at the track. :headbang2:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Ok, first I would try a batch and maybe double the amount of yeast you're pitching. If that doesn't work, add in some molasses or a ground-up multivitamin with everything else and see what happens.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
well the hagen is doing just fine at the moment. i have to admit...it's a little mezmarizing to watch the bubbles go through the ladder path getting smaller and smaller. ;o)

I'm going to try another batch of DIY today and see what happens. i wonder about how much activator (yeast) and stabilizer (baking soda) are in those packets.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
well the hagen is doing just fine at the moment. i have to admit...it's a little mezmarizing to watch the bubbles go through the ladder path getting smaller and smaller. ;o)

I'm going to try another batch of DIY today and see what happens. i wonder about how much activator (yeast) and stabilizer (baking soda) are in those packets.
Stabilizer: 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Activator: 1/8 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
Sugar: 1/2 cup sugar

The thing is that hagen system is only .5L, so it wont last long nor give great results for a big tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store