DIY cork structure

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
yeah that shouldn't be a problem. Also i don't know if this is something with my water but i never really get too much leaching. I had a piece of drift wood that was new and supposed to leach a lot but never seemed to turn my water.

I also used a power washer on the cork and that cleaned it up a lot. In fact it changed the color of the cork a bit and made it a bit whiter. After that so far the leaching has been pretty low. I did soak the cork for about two weeks before that in hot water and did get a lot of leaching out.

My water does come out really hard and at about pH 7.8 so all this cork will help a lot with lowering the pH and making the water softer for my apistos' that i'm going to put in the tank.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Sorry no camera. It's 2 12x6 inch gray slate tiles with cork, moss, anubias & narrow java fern leaned against the ends of a 55g plus a couple smaller pieces with lace java fern.

I did have an ammonia spike from lichens I think but since you power washed you should be ok. Too bad, I liked the lichen look.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
I love that cork, it looks AWSOME!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store