DIY drop checker questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
To make my 4dkh i used tap water and distilled water, mixed both until i got a 4dkh solution. I'm not sure if this a proper way to make a solution but each time i test the solution, once a month, it reads 4dkh. Not sure how the tap water plays into it, but its green and been running for 2 months. I test my tank ph to make sure I'm not ODing on co2 and so far the readings stay at 7.0

To make my container i used a plastic cough medicine cup and some tubing.
whats your ph before co2 injection aka out the tap?

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
i fooled around trying to make the right solution.
dont waste your time trying to make something, and not know if it will even be accurate.
if you order the stufffrom greeleaf above, you'll probably have in in a day or 2..

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
To get the right color at the right CO2 conc. you have to have (typically) 4dKH solution in the checker. To said solution is added a little bromothymol blue indicator (the solution in the regular pH bottle fo your APA test kit).

Unless you have a very accurate balance and a good knowledge of the moisture content of the baking soda you would weigh out to make your solution, leave it to the pros.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store