diy led lights

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
my heat sink came in today. 60 inches long and 8 1/2 inches wide. my leds should be here in a couple days. im going to start on my hanging brackets tomorrow.

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
well the leds, drivers and dimmers came in today. i figured there would be some instructions on how to wire the dimmers into the drivers but no such luck. im off to find some on the web. ill put up a pic of how it turned out when i get done.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Can you make the picture any smaller? LOL. If you need help on the dimmers just ask.. it was a little confusing the first time for me as well but really easy once you do one.

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
one question i have is there any way to wire 2 drivers to one power cord. i would rather not have 5 cords on the one light fixture. and i think im about half blind from pretesting all the leds.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Sure, you can wire 2 drivers with one plug, I wouldn't do more than 2 though because the current load when the drivers first turn on will be high, around 5A each for a second I believe.

Yes, I have been blinded many times myself since I started playing with these LEDs. I know the feeling well.. spots everywhere for hours.

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
pretinning wires is the devil. for some reason i am shaking like i have a severe case of parkinsons disease. but on another note me and the boy are gonna chop a hole in the canopy today. ill post a pic of how the lights fit into the hood when we get done. and ill try to make it big enough you can actually see whats going on.

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
ok new question. if my leds are 1000ma max drive then what is the desired driver setting. should i set the drivers at 900 ma. i didnt know if running them at the max would shorten life.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Are you talking about the adjustment on the driver itself? If so, make sure your testing the current with a full string running. All of my drivers were set right at 1000mA when I tested them, I could turn them up to 1300mA if I wanted, but I left them at 1000mA. I wanted the driver to be able to do as much as the LED could safely handle even if I never used it, which I don't. My royal blues are 900mA, cool blues and cyan are 600mA, and my whites are only 350mA using the dimmer knobs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store