DIY Pothos HOB filter temp hanger for tank change out

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
For those with Pothos HOB ammonia/nitrate filters where a the bare-root plant is fully established and would suffer shock if moved, the HOB can simply be hung using 2 larges nails in the wall stud and a piece of wire under the outflow rim to support the plant so that the tank can be removed for special cleaning or replaced.

In my case I have outgrown my 55 tall tank and will be using replace a smaller 20G sump tank beneath my 210 CL tank & frame to breed and house black molly feeders and a much larger sock filter or 2 7x16 socks using a Y-PVC outflow. I don't know how they do it but since Black Mollies have proven to me their ability to keep a sump tank spotless of debris (they eat) Im all for what really amounts to a second large all-glass (no gravel/sand ornaments) floor aquarium that is kept pristine by mollies. The only way I can account for it is that they eat and brake-down the debris to a point (liquify) that that my plants and DE-nutrifying mesquite bacteria are able to use it all up turning it into plant growth and nitrogen gas that leaves the tank. Anyway hanging a mature Photos HOB filter shown in the photos below.
Pothoshanging001.jpg
Pothoshanging002.jpg
Pothoshanging003.jpg

Pothoshanging001.jpg Pothoshanging002.jpg Pothoshanging003.jpg

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Actually if the HOB's impeller were more powerful it could be part of a waterfall with a fake plastic or real rock background that leads to a pond at the bottom lol. No I have to get busy and drain the 150 in my bedroom, strap it to the stand and place dolly wheels under the stand and role the whole thing out to that spot. Refill tank and filters and get that bare-root Pothos HOB running before the plants go through nutrient shock or stagnant water bacteria attack.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store