do all fertz need to be fridged?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquaholic

AC Members
Jan 4, 2004
WA
Visit site
Does only csm+b need to be in the fridge or all the water based solutions need to be kept in the fridge?? I put all of mine in the fridge and the kno3 forms icicles like on the bottom that are impossible to mix in after-wards.
so I thought maybe I misunderstood something and don't need to keep them all in the fridge? do I need to make a new kno3 solution or is the first one still good?

Thanks

aquaholic

AC Members
Jan 4, 2004
WA
Visit site
Oh and one more thing, is there any danger with any of the fertz, obviously no need to be drinking them but with a couple of kids in the house, I was wondering if its safe to use kitchen supply's like measuring spoons and cups and then cleaning them to use in the kitchen again.??

beeZer350

Likes Expensive Hobbies :(
Jan 19, 2008
Sounds like the KNO3 solution is supersaturated and is crystallizing at lower temps. I wouldn't think it needs to be chilled. Put a bowl of water in the microwave and heat it up (not super hot, just steaming) and place the bottle of KNO3 in there for a little bit. That should warm it enough to get the crystals back into solution.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store