Do black backgrounds make speckels develop on Pigenblood Discus?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
crap ola

I was just in Orlando a week ago...I coulda ping'd ryan (dkarc)

jeez

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
What color background do you think would be preferasble over black? I wont do white or Blue. Was thinking maybe a sandstone collor? Its gona be such a BIG job, Gota move fish - darin a 180 - scrape and re paint - Remove gravel and replace with stand! Anyone in the Picayune area got a free day?:help:

Dkarc

Orlando Discus
What color background do you think would be preferasble over black? I wont do white or Blue. Was thinking maybe a sandstone collor? Its gona be such a BIG job, Gota move fish - darin a 180 - scrape and re paint - Remove gravel and replace with stand! Anyone in the Picayune area got a free day?:help:
You could do a light tan color. Lots of breeders in Europe use that color. It doesnt matter exactly which color, so long as it is a light color...white/blue are the usual standard because they appeal to most people.

-Ryan

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Well I got a black overflow which will not be removed and Black silicone seals. it also hase a wood finished stand & hood (Light to med color). I have sand stone retaining walls for my planted area and 3 pieces of drift wood. Seems like some sort of light brown/tan would fit best given thoes other factors. My Gravel is currently black and I am gona take it out and replace it with sand. Its gona be 3 weeks before I can do this because of work. I am just trying to figure everything out. Thanks for the help.

Arkangel77

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store