Do Hermit Crabs eat one another?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
Must be nice to use your camera to document your tank. I have spent I don't know how many hrs. trying to download my pictures from my digi to my pc. I am so disgusted. I got a great picture of my 3 cats downloaded. The pc must not like my tank.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Its actually three on one. The one you cant see is in its original shell still. The new shell gang wanted nothing to do with him.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
That is a nice picture. Illustrates hermit temperament well.

One thing I find odd is that they are wearing astrea shells. None of my hermits, no matter how big, will touch them. Probably good news for my astreas.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
The one they are on top of has a cone shaped shell... they all have a temper, for some reason last night they were moving really quick all over the place, I never noticed them doing this before, I guess I'm too occupied looking at everything else. Are those bad shells to give hermits... they were the free ones they gave me when I bought them.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
I don't think they're bad, I'm just a little surprised. I have added shells of all kinds, and they seem to really like cerith shells.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store