Do you tip for take-out food?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Guenol

AC Members
Jul 28, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
Oh I'm probably gonna catch he'll for this... I tip. I tip well. At a dine in establishment (not buffet), my standard tip is 20% of the bill in cash to the server. As service drops so do my tips. If I ever leave a tip less than 15% of the bill, I always leave a (nice) note to the server and speak with the manager of the establishment indicating why the tip was not as high as it could have been.

At a buffet establishment... I might tip 10% if they treat me like a king, but most of the time all that the tip will be, is the change to round the bill up to the next dollar... why should I tip when I get my own food, and my own drinks? All the hostess did was show me to a table and give me silverware...

I know, I'm an *******...

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
If there is a tip jar, I usually toss in my spare change. In my old town there was an Indian restaurant where they went to great lengths to package all of your food and make it stable for the ride home. They also offered me ice water while I waited. They were so nice and it seemed they went the extra mile getting it ready, so I did usually leave them a couple of dollars - on the card or in cash.

I so rarely eat at buffets, I don't think I would leave more than a 10% tip...but I'd probably order it to go, if possible, and leave no tip (not that I wouldn't eat in to avoid tipping, just that I don't really like to eat in buffet restaurants).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store