do you use AC in your house or no?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
We have AC, but my wife is an AC Nazi. She keeps it at 79-80 degrees. I don't see the point, but she thinks she's saving us loads of money.
I keep my unit at 78 all the time. I have noticed my bill has gone down a bit since doing so. The logic is that the unit wont work as hard as when you are constantly turning it on and off. The most important thing is to make sure you have the correct sized AC for your home. That makes all the difference.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
The living area in my house is kept in the upper 70's because of my parrots, my bedroom however is kept at 62 :)
What kind of parrots do you keep? We have a Double Yellowhead, and he is hilarious.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Thats rough!
In the winter, it stays at about 60-65, then in the summer I only set it to about eighty, but no more, I can't stand heat at all
I would be happy if my room stayed at 80 or lower in the summer.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Both do, unfortunately the words they use are not the most acceptable words ;)
Ours swear like sailors as well. I spent 10 yrs in the Army and my sisters husband is retired Navy. Both he and I were NCOs.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Thats rough!
In the winter, it stays at about 60-65, then in the summer I only set it to about eighty, but no more, I can't stand heat at all
Summers are mild up here (winters, not so much) so it isn't too bad until it gets into the 80's...most houses around the school here aren't equipped with AC since it's student housing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store