does a sandfall/s circulate enough air/o2?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Parasomniac

Registered Member
Aug 24, 2016
Hi I'm new here and I'm at the tail end of my planning for a 225G planted build. This is my first build over 75G and first attempt at a fully aquascaped and hardscaped natural look aquarium. I have few questions I've researched a lot over the last couple months and have used sandfalls before but in already established tanks that had bubblers in that I decided not to remove. Anyway my question is if I have a couple sandfalls in my new tank will that be enough air/o2 circulation in my tank or will I still need a bubbler? And if I still need a bubbler what would you recommend as I am using pf sand as my main sub and Eco complete for my planted areas? Also I've seen a lot of people recommending using a Aqua soil over the top of the Eco complete to help hold the position of their hardscapes. My question is, is it really necessary to do this if I'm using tmg substrate supports? And if so what soil would you recommend?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
If you have adequate tank surface area and surface agitation, you shouldn't need a bubbler, though many folks like the look of them. As some do on the sandals...more for viewing than function.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store