Does anyone dream about their fish??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hobsyllwin

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
Netherlands
Okay so I don't really know if this is a valid topic, but I think I am losing my mind.

I'm pretty easily spooked and dreams are no less scary. So I just woke up from a nightmare about my fish. So my favorite lil fish is a Red-Tailed shark named Peach. And I just had a nightmare about a Red-Tailed shark that was an "adult" and looked like a great white shark (just with Labeo colors). And it tried to eat me while I was in the swimming pool. It then spawned legs are tried to kill my friends and family. When it trampled into my house (think elephant size now) it was too heavy and sank through the floor, through which molten lava poured through. The "shark thing" half died out on the lawn, and my father ran outside to hang skunk furs on the clothesline, after I told him we needed water because the leaking lava had spawned severla fires. While my father was outside with the skunk furs, the Labeo monster came back to life...aaaaand that's where I woke up.

Have I lost my mind? Bearing in mind I don't live with my folks anymore, I don't like anywhere near lava, I have no idea about the skunk furs...and Peach...

Well Peach is still a little over 2 inches long and isn't about to eat me. Let me get confirmation that Peach is NOT going to turn into a bloodthirsty killer fish...

So is anyone else as nuts as I am? Do you dream about your fish?

(PS! I don't know if this topic belongs here, I didn't know where else to put it.)

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
i have had a couple of dreams about my fish. i used to have a big bala shark, so i used to dream that my whole house was fulll of water and i was swimming with him...weird, huh? then one day i dreamnt my tank cracked and my oscar was dead on the floor (never liked that dream).

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
i have fish dreams too, like i go up to look at them and i find like, a thousand fish in there... or i have dreams that i can't manage them...

ok, i had this last night, i need to get it out, it's not about fish though... it's from watching the movie alien lmao :D

So in my dream there was this bear, and he would attack people like the aliens did lol, it was soooo freaky, i totally thought it was real... and then he hired me to be his personal chef :p

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
ive had fish dreams but none that dramastic, normally i dream i do water changes, and wake up realizing i have to do them "again" :)

NeonJulie

Worlds' Worst Mafia Voter
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
I usually dream about fish once a week. They're not usually nice dreams - the most common one I have is pulling out a dresser drawer, and finding a tub of fish I've forgotten about, forgotten to feed, to change the water, half are dead/decomposing. Or I have like 20 tanks, and same thing, have dead/decomposing, others struggling for life, because I've forgotten I had them, and haven't fed them or changed the water. They are usually disturbing dreams, and I get irritated at my self-conscious for guilt tripping me. It usually ends up if I've put off the water change on the one tank I do have (my 12 g) and usually only by a day or two.

(Well now I have the office 20g tank too, and the fish are arriving in the mail tomorrow!!! But I think I will continue to have guilt tripping dreams about forgetting to feed and care for them. Like I ever would!)

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Wow! That's a doozy! lol

I've dreamed of tank catastrophies, etc. but they are boring compared to a lava provoking, elephant-sized, man-eating Rainbow shark!

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
kind of reminds me of SNL's land shark

[Scene: A New York apartment. Someone knocks on the door.]
Woman: [not opening the door] Yes?
Voice: (mumbling) Mrs. Arlsburgerhhh?
Woman: What?
Voice: (mumbling) Mrs. Johannesburrrr?
Woman: Who is it?
Voice: [pause] Flowers.
Woman: Flowers for whom?
Voice: [long pause] Plumber, ma'am.
Woman: I don't need a plumber. You're that clever shark, aren't you?
Voice: [pause] Candygram.
Woman: Candygram, my foot. You get out of here before I call the police. You're the shark, and you know it.
Voice: Wait. I-I'm only a dolphin, ma'am.
Woman: A dolphin? Well...okay. [opens door]
[Huge latex and foam-rubber shark head lunges through open door, chomps down on woman's head, and drags her out of the apartment, all while the Jaws attack music is playing.]

Serioulsy though if I dream about fish - it's a good dream either finding a really cool new LFS or collecting fish in the wild.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store