Does anyone keep Cyrtocara Moorii with Mbuna?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks chaps.
Aye, It all makes sense, later Buds.
I'm glad to be of some help, dude. Aye, I can't wait for some pics, later buddy. (I wonder why some of us are talking the same contagious way?...:irked:).

Last edited:

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
isnt thou hehehe, cool deal aye, well let us know what happens my friend and take care, and as always no worries aye..

Istanbul_Kop

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Liverpool, UK.
Cheers, will post updates as I go.

Nearly got everthing sorted now, just took delivery of my external TetraTec EX1200 today. Bloody massive. Hope it fits in my cabinet which I've yet to build. The thermometers I got with it though came completely destroyed. They've already sent out new ones. Great company to deal with.

I've basically got everything now, just need to find some pebbles to go with my rocks and then get some Vallisneria (the only plant I will have) once I start to fill up. I've been reading up on Vallis and it seems great that it can act as extra cover and passages for the Cichlids as well as fry refuges etc. Although it is a common and basic plant, it has always been a favourite of mine. Rocks, Fish, Vallis - there's nothing I don't like about Malawi Cichlids.

Can't wait now, deffo going to take my time over the design whilst the tank cycles. Sometimes empty tanks are great too, aye (oh no).

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
That's great, Kop! Continue with your stocking plan and keep us updated. Don't forget to send some pics when you complete the tank setup. Enjoy your fish tank homework!

GREENFEATHER

AC Members
Dec 19, 2008
Maryland
I had moorii in my Mbuna tanks back in the 70's with no issues. I also agree that the demasoni's have a Napoleoon complex and have more attitude than a little fish should, afras are a better choice.

Istanbul_Kop

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Liverpool, UK.
Yo, happy holidays to you all...

Just an update.

Built my cabinet and got tank up. It's taking ages though to get everything sorted. I've got my egg crate in and siliconed the background - that's it.

Nothing else is done, then I have to wait for the cycle as well.

A bit of good news though...My Breeder has now got Cynotilapia Afra 'Edwardi Cobue' which looking stunning. Fate I say :headbang2:.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great news Kop! C. afra Cobue is one of the best blue and black fish that anyone can get. Remember that females are less colored than males, but this is a great species anyways. Keep updating!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool deal buddy that is a sweet afra fo sure heck i would get rid of my shellies for set of those..

Later AYE!!! :dance:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store