Does anyone know where I can find a TRUE SAE?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tfish

AC Members
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I am looking for the ever elusive siamese algea eater. I cannot find a LFS in the entire Northeast Ohio area that sells them. Does anyone else out there know of an LFS in that area that does? How about a reputable place on the net? Thanks for any ideas!

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
After all the hyperbolae of the difference between SAE's(click here) and the imposters, I was surprised at just how easily my LFS and Big Al's were able to get them. I know this doesn't help you directly, but keep looking, they're out there.

wetmanNY

AC Members
These fish migrate upstream to spawn-- I think about now. The one-inch juveniles we see in the lfs are caught in september onwards.

Now I'll be interested to find out whether anybody is seeing SAEs on the market at this time of year.

...'cause, tho' I'm often wrong, I do change my opinion...

carpguy

lots of small fish
Jul 15, 2002
nyc
Visit site
I saw them last week listed on AZGardens.com. They may or may not be in stock, but they are listed.

Like the mighty WetMan said, I think they're out of season just now. You'll have better luck finding them locally in the fall.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store