Dragon Goby & GSP?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lorindaleigh

AC Members
Jan 24, 2009
Can I put a group of dragon gobys in with 2 GSP or even one dragon goby if there is plenty of hiding places for the goby. Also would 30G be okay for awhile or would I need a large tank to start off with? I know I will when it gets bigger but could I start with a smaller tank & work my way up?

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
In a 30 gallon I would just keep ONE dragon. nothing else. Dragon's like thier space... and you are going to need a bigger tank for that boy later on... just be warned.

sea-community

Love-to put more Life, into my life
Jul 7, 2009
Redway, California
yes very true, those gragon gobies wouldn't be as happy as thought with the gps's. but if you want a "few dragon gobies" and 2 green spotted puffers, you better rethink the amount of money and the tank sizes. it would be cheaper to just have 2 separate species tanks. it would make everything a lot more relaxing for everybody.:)

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
And contrary to poular belief, dragon are sweet, non agressive animals. They dont like tank mates who nip fins... and they are very easily picked on and die due to un proper feeding. pm me if you have any more Q's. or talk to kyryah in the chatroom.

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
And contrary to poular belief, dragon are sweet, non agressive animals. They dont like tank mates who nip fins... and they are very easily picked on and die due to un proper feeding. pm me if you have any more Q's. or talk to kyryah in the chatroom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrWDABd-WN8

Notice the comment that says, "those have very nice teeth kill'd my betta"

Mature violet gobies are (usually) territorial and predatorial. They need their space and tankmates that can hold their own as well as not bully them.

Please don't take this as offensive, but know your fish before offering advice.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
They only really become territorial after they are past a juvenile age. Yes they are territorial and predatorial, and its laso hard to tell when they pass a juvenile age, seeing as they have a pretty long life span

NylaKeith

Registered Member
Apr 14, 2023
I noticed your post is from a while back — diving into the archives, are we? Regarding your question, dragon gobies do appreciate their space and hiding spots, and they can generally coexist with Green Spotted Puffers (GSP) if there's enough room and proper tank conditions. A 30G tank could work initially for juveniles, but these species will definitely need more room as they grow. It's always best to plan for the larger tank sooner rather than later to avoid stress on the fish.
For the most up-to-date advice and perhaps even new insights since your original post, you might want to check out discussions at https://dragon-vibe.com/. They have a sea of info that could help you out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store