Drooping Dorsal Fin

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
Angel, I am very glad that you and flaringshutter talked... she is indeed a person to come to about issue's with goldfish. I would go as far as considering her an expert.
If it wasnt for her, I believe caitylee and I would NOT be where we are at now with the common knowledge on housing goldfish, which we have grown to love.

The good thing is that your grandparents are investing on a tank and good filter for your little comet. I am very happy for you because you can keep you little goldie in the family, and happy for the goldfish because hopefully it will have a good home.

Angie_xx_Angie

is getting a betta for Xmas!~ ? u ?
Aug 7, 2008
California
Real Name
Angie
:goldfish:
Thanx Iris!

Angie_xx_Angie

Aug 7, 2008
California
Real Name
Angie
This is SOOO much better than watching my poor Goldie stuck in a 9" fish bowl. The tank my grandparents bough was a 22 gal. Can someone tell me about live rocks. I thought rocks are non-living things. The gravel I bought Goldie is Light Orange and Brown. I put a fake 5 1/2" castle hideout for her and I put a bunch of fake plastic plants (10"), My grandmother paid for the tank and my grandfather paid for the filter and food. I paid for the flourescent light bulb and another comet. The other comet is a male. I named him Trap. Since I visit every week, I see their tails getting longer. Maybe when I'm older, and my allowance total is higher, I could afford a pond. Goldie and Trap would be living in paradise! Is it possible to spay a comet? If Goldie spawned, my allowance would be higher.
I ♥ Goldie and Trap!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
This is SOOO much better than watching my poor Goldie stuck in a 9" fish bowl. The tank my grandparents bough was a 22 gal. Can someone tell me about live rocks. I thought rocks are non-living things. The gravel I bought Goldie is Light Orange and Brown. I put a fake 5 1/2" castle hideout for her and I put a bunch of fake plastic plants (10"), My grandmother paid for the tank and my grandfather paid for the filter and food. I paid for the flourescent light bulb and another comet. The other comet is a male. I named him Trap. Since I visit every week, I see their tails getting longer. Maybe when I'm older, and my allowance total is higher, I could afford a pond. Goldie and Trap would be living in paradise! Is it possible to spay a comet? If Goldie spawned, my allowance would be higher.
I ♥ Goldie and Trap!
It could probably be done, but would be risking your fish's life and costing you quite a bit of money.
It might be easier to just find the babies a new home when/if they are born, or to rehome the male and get her a female friend.

I'm glad to hear everything is going better for you and your fish, not everyone would do the right thing for them like you did =)

DooSPX

AC Members
Mar 24, 2008
Florida
thats great, glad to hear it. just remember though, 2 comets in a 22G is still way to small. they will out grow that tank in just a few months. they need atleast a 50G but a 60 or bigger would be better.
remember flarringshutter has her goldfish in a 120 and I am looking for a 120 to move our goldfish to from the 65

Angie_xx_Angie

Aug 7, 2008
California
Real Name
Angie
:) Thanx!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Hey Malorie,
That's fantastic news! I'm glad that you're enjoying your fish in their new, big home. Your grandparents are so wonderful for helping you out with your fish.
Don't worry about your fish spawning - when goldfish spawn, they eat all their eggs unless you move them to a different tank. Plus, they won't be able to spawn until they are at least a year and a half old.
Keep looking for a much bigger tank. You can look in the classified section of the newspaper - that's a great place to find aquariums.
Good job Malorie! Keep taking good care of your fish. :)

And Doo, you're so sweet! :eek: Really, I'm flattered! Glad I could help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store