Dull White Spots and Growth on Glofish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

samanthawelch13

Registered Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hello and help!!
I have a 55 gallon long tank set up with 6 Glofish and 1 white skirt tetra, 6 neon tetras, 8 bloodfin tetras, 4 albino cories, 2 B.n. plecos (at about 3 and 4 inches) and 1 rainbow shark. The tank has been up for 2 months now. All of my fish are active and eating well/acting fine. One of my glofish has developed white patches on her dorsal fin and on her scales. At first I thought there was a break in her fin, so naturally I waited for it to heal. Instead, dull patches have developed on her scales and now I have realized that there is a white growth at the base of one pectoral fin and a growth on her chin. These growths are not fuzzy or cotton like. She eats and acts normal, although I did notice a while ago that she was swimming with her head pointed more upwards than normal, but it's not dramatic. I looked back at some old pictures and have realized that her chin always had a bigger bump than the others, but now looking back at it I realize that it used to be smaller. I am worried because the growth on her pectoral fin keeps her from being able to put her fin against her body. I have found no pictures of anything like this or any information on what to do to help. I took some pictures to help.

fullsizeoutput_239b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_239d.jpeg

+1i33LPNRKyYB%IQ23j1hA.jpg

Nace

Registered Member
Mar 24, 2019
Same thing has happened to my flowerhorn, from what I been reading it is ich which can be cured pretty easily

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Do you do weekly water changes? How much water do you change? Can you give us a reading in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Ich looks like the fish was sprinkled with salt--that's not really what I'm seeing here. Hard to say what it is, but I don't think ich. Agree, need to know more parameters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store