eek help flashy fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
right, thank you so much for all you help flaringshutter,youre a godsend! i wish i found those 2 before i ordered what i did, but hey never mind, i will be able to order something else on monday, i have no cash until then, so when this one comes through, i think il use it to give it a try, as at the very earliest the new stuff i order on monday wont be through for another 4 days from now, and im not sure they will last that long. i have found 'interpet anti slime and velvet' says it treats flukes, i wasnt sure about maybe using that as i could get some of that tomorrow if i borrow a bit of cash off someone, what do you think? leave off using the stuff i ordered online and just use that, but thats only if it will work, i hate using all these different chemicals, but i just want my babies better asap. sorry for all the questions, lol i must be driving you mad!

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
well ive just done a 60% water change, thorough gravel vac, and dosed them with the treatment i ordered from ebay as it came through today. its a 6-10 day treatment depending on temps and severity of the infestation, il see how they are looking in 6 days and decide what to do after that. peaches red patches have faded over night, and shes not flashing so much today, but everyone else is just as bad as they were. i have everything crossed they will all be ok.

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
well, since the water change and treatment they already seem less fidgety, they arent flashing as much, although they are flicking their fins sometimes. they also have stopped hanging as much and are back to rumaging around in the gravel as usual. the treatment has made the water smell a little odd, but its ok, to be honest its quite a nice smell, and its not strong, just different. plus the little comet now has his fins out again, which has really cheered me up, i was so worried about that little guy. lets just hope it continues this way.

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
day 4 of treatment, and all is looking ok, the flashing has stopped, i saw nemo the small fantaill have 1 or 2 quick flashes up the side of the tank yesterday but so far havent seen anything since. all are now active and feeding well. the only issue i have is that the biggest orange fantail in particular still hangs at the water surface, gulping at the air. i have 2 air outlets going to 2 separate filter outlets venturi systems, so there is a lot of surface aggitation, most of the fish dont do this but the big orange girl does it a lot, in fact she spends more tiem at the top on the surface than swimming around now. all of them were like it for a few days, but the rest seem to have stopped and are back to swimming at all levels, i just dont know what to do for this one girl. any ideas?

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
day 5 of treatment, all are looking well, and none are flashing and havent for a couple of days, the large orange fantail is however doing my head in with the air gulping, i just dont know what i can do for her, but its driving me mad seeing her up at the top, floating around gulping, and its almost permanent now, she will occassionally swim down to have a quick rumage for food in the gravel but thats it, straight back up again. could this still be the gill flukes causing this? or would she still be flashing like they were if they were still an issue? i am getting so fed up now. the treatment appears to be working as all the fish have stopped flashing and twitching, all the red patches on them have totally disappeared, but its just this air gulping, she doesnt seem in any way stressed, sometimes one or 2 of the others will swim up and take a big gulp or 2, but then its straight back to whatever they were doing. please please any input on this will be very much appreciated, thanks.

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
ok the flashing has started again every now and again, so im on the lookout for something different. have been to my local fish place and they recommended sterazin, so il try that as they dont stock anything different. really starting to get hacked off now, thought i had it all coming under control to end up back at square 1, well not quite but im sure it would get there *big sigh* so fed up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store