Eheim 2229 questions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Well he said he'd take 130 for it. I'm debating now between another xp4 and this. I'm familiar with the xp4 and I love it. For spare parts I would Only have to keep parts for one filter. Help me choose! Lol

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
I would do the XP4 simply because it is a lot more filter, brand new and about the same price and I am an Eheim guy

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
The more I thought about it the more the xp4 makes sense. Thanks for your help fshfanatic

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I've got an eheim 2229 that I got used with the intention of running it on my new freshwater paludarium. The raise/lower of the water line I thought would be a neat effect and a benefit. In the end, this particular unit is a little louder during the slow mode than I had hoped, so I decided to use another filter... so I have a 2229 I can sell you for $100 if you want. It's got all rinsed nice media, ready for freshwater.

PM me if you're interested.

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
I've got an eheim 2229 that I got used with the intention of running it on my new freshwater paludarium. The raise/lower of the water line I thought would be a neat effect and a benefit. In the end, this particular unit is a little louder during the slow mode than I had hoped, so I decided to use another filter... so I have a 2229 I can sell you for $100 if you want. It's got all rinsed nice media, ready for freshwater.

No thanks but I appreciate it

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Mine was not on sale when I bought it. It's a good filter but I really prefer one that has the capabilities for both mechanical & bio media so I would probably not purchase one again unless I could get it extremely cheaply.

ErikO

Registered Member
Jun 30, 2011
Kailua, HI
I might be a little late to this thread, but I have a Eheim 2227 which is identical to the Eheim 2229 but without the heater.

It's a great filter. It's been in continuous use for almost 15 years and only gets cleaned every 6 months or so whether it needs it or not.

doublediscusjac

Registered Member
May 17, 2014
Eheim 2229 still available?

I know this is an old posting to this site, but I happened to see it during an internet search for a used Eheim 2229. Is it still available, and if not, can you, or anyone else on this website, tell me where I can find one for sale? I couldn't see how to send you a PM, on this forum, so I resorted to posting this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store