Electric blue jack dempseys?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
All I said was that I used to feed mine the omega flakes, I never acted all high and mighty behind my computer because doing something like that is just awful.
Acting like you've owned a particular fish and giving advice as such is essentially lying to the OP and when the advice is poor (as in this thread) can have deleterious consequences for someone looking for help. You are correct that if you do not know what you are talking about you should refrain from giving advice on the topic. :thumbsup:

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
. . . . I don't really know what I was talking about. .
We have been trying to tell you this for a while now! That is why you get flamed for your posts. Most are evidence of not knowing.

Please quit trying to show off or impart great wisdom since neither is working especially well for you. Make yourself a notebook and jot down the answers and then research until you understand them. You can't learn this in a day.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Not accusing anyone of doing so, but I'd take high, mighty, and right, over humbly misleading any day.

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Ks folks...let's get back to offering the OP advice that helps vice hashing out personal issues.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Wow flashbacks. This was the OP's first post to AC and he gets a mini flame war.

Poopybark if you decide to come back welcome to AC. A community of normally nice people lol. It's like a giant family here and bickering does happen unfortunately.

As mentioned by others a 30 gallon aquarium is to small for a pair of EBJD's in the long haul but as a gro out should be ok. They are harder to raise then other cichlids though. I would try something easier to own like convicts, rams, or maybe some appisto's. I know there not as colorful as EBJD's but they can be just as rewarding owning and raising a small fish to adult hood.

If you got any more questions feel free to come and post. We are always willing to help out.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Ks folks...let's get back to offering the OP advice that helps vice hashing out personal issues.
Thank Robert.

Come one folks yes user_name was wrong, but after having a private talk with him he came back to this topic and apologized for giving misleading information. I understand you all not being happy because he was trying to act knowledgeable but don't we all do this on a daily bases? Ok so bottom line user_names info was incorrect for the most part but we corrected him, let's do this in a friendly way, not a offenisive or thrashing manner. For all we know we could have easily scared off the OPer with this, who wants to be apart of a site where conflict is a clear issue?

Anyway back to the OP, yes the EBJD is going to need a larger tank as he grows but I'd say for now a 30gallon will do just fine. I keep about 20-30 EBJD fry under 1in in 7gallon plastic bin, high filtration and water maintenance is a must but it gets the job fairly well. Hope this helps and home to see you around the forums PB.... Very interesting name :grinno:

poopybark

Registered Member
Jan 23, 2011
thanks for the advice, i didnt realize all of the health risks they have and i would rather not risking losing a fish and getting discouraged. Thanks I'm glad i asked:)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
You might want to check out dwarf chiclids like german blue rams, or angelfish for your tank.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
Please disregard User_Names post. He claims to be and EBJD expert yet just admitted he's never kept one. I take offense to this honestly as vie kept these fish for over 5 years and I do not even call my self an expert. I'm knowledgeable on the topic and of you read my thread on EBJD it can be shown that I clearly understand them. But I am not am expert so I do not believe a 14year old who hasn't even kept them can call himself a Expert on these beautys.

Poopybark there is health risks but with the proper care and if bought from a good source you'll be set!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store