electric blue ram beating up on my malwai and frontosas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I know my stocking right now is far from ideal, i plan on tweaking it, but I noticed today that my electric blue ram was picking on everyone, even the biggest fish in the tank(which happens to be a SA geophagus) could this pose a problem where I should isolate him? Thanks.

yss

AC Members
Jan 2, 2012
Northern VA
Real Name
Yun
Your ram can't harm other fish you listed in the tank. If I were you, I would be concerned about ram's safety. When the frontosa grows, it will probably eat your ram if it's not dead already because your malawis beat up on the poor guy.

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I have been planning on getting another(larger than 15 gallons) tank for my south Americans and getting rid of the frontosas when they get a little larger. At the moment all I have tank wise is a 75 and a 15 gallon with just shrimp in it. All of the fish that are in the tank right now are still really small. The ram is about the 2nd to smallest one though.(slightly under an inch)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I had a female that tormented a Satanoperca daemon (very similar to a Geophagus, it was actually a contaminant in a shipment of G. surinamensis) twice her size until I put the daemon into the sump to recover. A few months later she had doubled in size so I tried putting her back in. Next morning I found a dead female Ram. Payback is a mother as your Ram will no doubt find out!

arowfan

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
NJ
Real Name
John
surprised to hear about a ram displaying this behavior to those tankmates...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store