Electric Cat is STUCK!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
FishBoss - that blue blusher is TO DIE FOR!

And yeah, I was giving the food right to him. There's a hole on the top of the decor, so I was just dropping the nightcrawler in there. Unfortunately, the ornament is that super hard, tough, unbreakable plastic resin stuff. I don't think there's any cracking, breaking, or bending it. I might just have to wait it out. I think if he loses some weight, he will be able to come out.

The only thing I'm worried about with nudging or grabbing the fish is the charge. I know if I'm wearing rubber gloves, it won't hurt me, but what about the other fish in the tank? It's hard water so the charge won't carry as far, and he is a small fish, so it shouldn't be THAT strong. The only other thing I can think, if it comes to physically trying to remove him, is putting the E cat inside the ornament in a bucket, getting the E cat out, and then putting it back in the main tank. I'd be worried about using force, though, since their bodies are so fragile.

thanks, but the blue blusher isn't mine:(
it seems like it is pretty rare, but u can tell that it has blue ghost genes if u look at the fins, and it probably has platinum and PB genes too. I just recently bought a breeding pair of blue/silver ghost platinums with PB genes, and am hoping to get some babies to look close to the one in the pic:)

It looks so good, I would buy them even if they were $50 each, but I can't find them anywhere, there are only 1-3 pics of them online, all by the same person

U could try putting food right outside of it, and try luring it out, if it loves food. Otherwise, just wait it out for 2-3 days, after that, I would start to worry if the fish could even breathe, as they can only breathe when water rushes past their gills(i think), so if there isn't enough flow, the fish can't breathe, and might die:(

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Cats are tough...take the decor out...use dykes or tin snips to cut it open...dump the fish back into the tank..done deal.....

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
It's not unusual for a catfish to eat so much their belly is badly distended, and in a day or two the food is digested and they're back to normal. I'm sure the catfish isn't nearly as worried about it as everyone else seems to be...

fifthofnovember

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
OK, I finally got him out.

I donned rubber gloves, put the fish and ornament into a bucket with tank water, and giggled the ornament, moving the fish, until he was able to turn and swim out a hole in the top.

And OMG, fat fish is fat. He giggles when he swims. I know they have a layer of fat under their skin to protect themselves from their own charge, and that most cats are porky anyway, but... wow. He REALLY needs to go on a diet, and I feel like a horribly irresponsibly and ignorant E cat owner letting him get that way. I was working under the premise of public aquariums - that they can keep redtail cats in with the small fish if they keep the redtails well fed; any animal in its right mind will take food they have to expend little/no energy to get over food they have to actively pursue, but I guess there's too much of a good thing.

He almost looks like he's retaining water.

Jenny Craig for this guy.

But at least now I know he CAN come out. He just didn't know which hole he could fit through.

fifthofnovember

AC Members
Feb 28, 2010
it seems like it is pretty rare, but u can tell that it has blue ghost genes if u look at the fins, and it probably has platinum and PB genes too. I just recently bought a breeding pair of blue/silver ghost platinums with PB genes, and am hoping to get some babies to look close to the one in the pic:)

It looks so good, I would buy them even if they were $50 each, but I can't find them anywhere, there are only 1-3 pics of them online, all by the same person
There's one site I've found selling blue platinums from the Kennedy line. I would do very bad things for one of those fish.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
OK, I finally got him out.

I donned rubber gloves, put the fish and ornament into a bucket with tank water, and giggled the ornament, moving the fish, until he was able to turn and swim out a hole in the top.

And OMG, fat fish is fat. He giggles when he swims. I know they have a layer of fat under their skin to protect themselves from their own charge, and that most cats are porky anyway, but... wow. He REALLY needs to go on a diet, and I feel like a horribly irresponsibly and ignorant E cat owner letting him get that way. I was working under the premise of public aquariums - that they can keep redtail cats in with the small fish if they keep the redtails well fed; any animal in its right mind will take food they have to expend little/no energy to get over food they have to actively pursue, but I guess there's too much of a good thing.

He almost looks like he's retaining water.

Jenny Craig for this guy.

But at least now I know he CAN come out. He just didn't know which hole he could fit through.

giggles? or jiggles? :)

good, stop feeding right too him, if they get hungry they will find food.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer

U could try putting food right outside of it, and try luring it out, if it loves food. Otherwise, just wait it out for 2-3 days, after that, I would start to worry if the fish could even breathe, as they can only breathe when water rushes past their gills(i think), so if there isn't enough flow, the fish can't breathe, and might die:(

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1535+3071&pcatid=3071

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
that is not a blue blushing one, it is just regular blue platinum, i can get those at my LFS for $4 each.^^^Thanks, though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store