ELEPHANTNOSE info

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ticklemepunk473

AC Members
Oct 13, 2003
Vancouver, WA
Visit site
so my LFS has a n Elephant nose and I am very tempted to buy it... I knwo that feeding can be a problem but I am willing to work at it. what I really want to know is if my shrimp will hassle the little guy at night when they are both out and looking for food. Also I have a smooth pebbly river rock kind of substrate and I was wondering if that is acceptable for and Elephantnose?
Thanks!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
ticklemepunk473 said:
so my LFS has a n Elephant nose and I am very tempted to buy it... I knwo that feeding can be a problem but I am willing to work at it. what I really want to know is if my shrimp will hassle the little guy at night when they are both out and looking for food. Also I have a smooth pebbly river rock kind of substrate and I was wondering if that is acceptable for and Elephantnose?
Thanks!
1) What kind of shrimp?? Shrimps normally do not bother fish.
2) pebbles OK. The E-nose is nocturnal anyway.

ticklemepunk473

AC Members
Oct 13, 2003
Vancouver, WA
Visit site
red claw shrimp it is in my signature.... yeah I dont't really have a lot of nocturnal activity except for my shrimp and he will shoo any fish away from his cave like if my corries get to close or one of the severums wanders in. I jst don't want to get this awesome new fish and then have my shrimp clip off his nose of something.

P.S. I just built an excellent cave pending his arrival. MAN THE PETSTORE DOESN'T OPEN TILL 11!!! THE AGONY!!!

ticklemepunk473

AC Members
Oct 13, 2003
Vancouver, WA
Visit site
IT IS IN MY SIGNATURE!!!!! but I am not going to get it because they want $35 US for it. Lame. so I bought a pair of kribs instead heres hoping for fry!

PumaWard

In loving memory of Meeko
Jul 23, 2003
Vermont
The elephant is not compatible with some of your other fish, the severums in particular, but I'd think the tiger barbs may also pose a problem. They are shy fish and I'd be willing to be it will be picked on by them.

The kribs will also probably have a problem with the sevies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store