EMERGENCY Starfish/Parasite

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cmar

AC Members
May 18, 2007
this sounds like good fodder for a thread about the weirdest or most interesting hitchers!

Sarra

AC Members
Dec 8, 2007
kill it.

i remove dozens a day.

im my tank they ate through bad algea and poo, and then turned on coraline and my zoos.

at first they were all chill and well behaved. then they ran out of the food id want them to eat.

death to the asternas!
Unless you have other snails and small inverts you want to keep alive, get a clown loach and acclimate it to marine? Clown loaches live in fresh, brack, and marine waters, IIRC.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Unless you have other snails and small inverts you want to keep alive, get a clown loach and acclimate it to marine? Clown loaches live in fresh, brack, and marine waters, IIRC.
I would like to see where you gave seen a clown loach in a marine system if you dont mind..besides the fact that its un-neccesary, i feel that acclimating any freshwater fish to marine in cruel in my opinion, as its not their natural habitat...

Thanks

Niko

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I would like to see where you gave seen a clown loach in a marine system if you dont mind..besides the fact that its un-neccesary, i feel that acclimating any freshwater fish to marine in cruel in my opinion, as its not their natural habitat...
Ditto.

Sarra, I've seen your post in another thread about being misinformed of the fact that clown loaches can live in saltwater. I've never seen clown loaches being kept in brackish and marine setups at all. They thrive best in pure freshwater and in the wild, the pH alone was as low as 4.5. I am sure your clown loaches died for some other reasons, not the fact that these were in purely freshwater. Clown loaches are not brackish nor marine species. I am sure you would hear several of us successfully keeping clown loaches in freshwater setups for several years. I've not seen any documentary stating they can thrive in marine setups though who knows I might have miss one.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
first, who wants to see a lil clown loach get his head all smashed in?:lipssealedsmilie:

and yea... CL are a FW fish, sooo, no.:headshake2:

JohnLin

AC Members
Dec 1, 2007
Madison, WI
that's funny, I remember you can't even have aquarium salt in the tank if a ich would've broken out if you have a clown loach present...
I'm sure he/she meant clown fish, not loach.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store