Empty 20L stocking?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
I've never kept GBRs but from my reading of other users' experience they alone do best in 50-60L (Correct me if I'm wrong). I have a dwarf gourami and a golden wonder killi in a 10G right now and I've been told that even that is overstocking. 20L also seems very restricting for any sort of fish that likes to swim around a lot like tetras.
Not 20 liters, 20 gallon long. :p

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I'll say this up front..I'm not a fan of dwarf gourami's at all.. many have health issues that may be related to the line breeding of the fish.

That said.. i have successfully bred apisto's, bolivian rams, angel fish and a few other species.

I have been trying to breed blue rams with zero success. I 've kept a mulitude of species that are considered 'hard' to keep. Including Altum, discus(both wild and domestic) wild apistos and wild pleco's.. all with good success.. the most difficult fish for me to keep....Ramirezi...hands down.. after years I've finally found several including 1 breeding pair(no babies yet)..eggs every month but they go bad...
that said.. Blue ram pairs are very social and beautiful fish.(why I keep trying)
if you have any tetras in the tank.. you won't need to worry about babies as they will get eaten..
if you do have success breeding you can simple remove fry to a growout tank..

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I'll say this up front..I'm not a fan of dwarf gourami's at all.. many have health issues that may be related to the line breeding of the fish.

That said.. i have successfully bred apisto's, bolivian rams, angel fish and a few other species.

I have been trying to breed blue rams with zero success. I 've kept a mulitude of species that are considered 'hard' to keep. Including Altum, discus(both wild and domestic) wild apistos and wild pleco's.. all with good success.. the most difficult fish for me to keep....Ramirezi...hands down.. after years I've finally found several including 1 breeding pair(no babies yet)..eggs every month but they go bad...
that said.. Blue ram pairs are very social and beautiful fish.(why I keep trying)
if you have any tetras in the tank.. you won't need to worry about babies as they will get eaten..
if you do have success breeding you can simple remove fry to a growout tank..
+1

Mark

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
arent those also dwarf gouramis?
No. Dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalia) are different from honey gouramis (Colisa chuna). Honey gouramis are more peaceful, and don't have an iridovirus. It's either Colisa or Trichogaster for the genus name.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store