English English & American English

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Galaxie

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
VA

cattlegrid_79

AC Members
Mar 24, 2004
Brighton, England
www.altereagles.co.uk
Those things in the pictures previously are so not pancakes!!! Pancakes are really big and really thin.

By the way, "pop" is used in England too, but only up north.

And I think the american term "to blow you off" would be "to blow you out" over here. If you get blown out, then you've crashed and burned on a date for example. To "blow off" in England would mean you were suffering from excess wind that just had to be released.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
bump.

:p

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
The engine is under the hood.

The storage place is a trunk.

Fill the car with gas.

The shifter is the fourth.

And, if you were playing with 400 pound linemen you would want allot of armor too.
allot means to parcel out or to set aside, allocate. Correct American English is to have a lot of armor.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
adverts vs advertisement or ads, news presenter vs newscaster and the main newscaster is also called the news anchor.

petrol vs gasoline or gas

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Isn't that a basketball team in New York. :D

"T"
HAHAHA!! I usually hear/say....undies, panties, draws for those. Knickers make me think of capri pants.

I deal with "shield" vs "screen" in cables too. Americans like to call a cable shielded, English call the same cable screened. For me, a screen is something over a door or window to keep the bugs out.
Yep, have to agree with ya there :)

Using moose instead of mouse causes confusion. I was once telling some workmates about the time I rescued a moose from my cat. I prized the cats jaws open to get the moose and then the moose bit me. I dropped it and the cat ran away with it :rolleyes:
Bahaha!! That made me lol for real, I bet they were wondering exactly what kind of cat do you have!!!

Eh (like the letter "a") is a word used in Canadia. "it's cold out, eh?"
Not sure about meh.
Hmmm, I hear that quite a bit here in Wisconsin also...eh!
They also say "or no" alot here, it is something that just is odd to me, as in "do you want to go to the game...or no?" Why exactly do they add the "Or no" at the end...I just don't get it. Then the "can you borrow me some sugar" (or whatever they want to borrow) No, I can't "borrow you some" but you are more then welcome to "borrow some from me"!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store