eretmodus death

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Julies & some lamps really pester gobies. I see that you have Julies, maybe they could have caused the death.
actually this was the one i kept with the mbunas and julies, its a bit of a "misfit" tank. he was in there because the other goby had tore him to shreds. hes been in that tank happily for a few months, but i think it was ultimately my chailosi that did him in, because they were picking at him that day before i seperated him from the group.

the goby in the 55 is with a few L. multis and C. leptosoma, as well as a lone J. transcriptus, and doesnt have a single tatered fin. he never gets in any fights with the other fish and keeps to his own.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Tangs should be kept only in Tang tanks, Mbuna are done right nasty to these guys..

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
usually the tangs are the aggessor. ive got a new demon though, im making a post about him

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
im guessing bloat got him, but i dont know why. because none of the other fish that need spirulina in their diet are effected.
When I first tried gobies I thought they just needed spiriluna in their diet and that it wouldn't matter what else I fed as long as some was algae based. What otehr foods were you feeding?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
its a mixed food that a african cichlid specialty store sells, he feeds the feed to all of his fish, can has no problems, its a fairly balanced diet. with spirulina in it.

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
Personally, if I wasn't feeding an algae based flake or pellet, I would only feed NLS. Just my own experience, I have successfully kept and breed eretmodus and spathodus, but have lost pairs and singles when mixing with non-herbivores and feeding a 'balanced diet.'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store