european longfin blue rams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
they are just bred for specific traits.. I have seen both blue and gold rams (veiled)

leoslizards

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
The title says European though. What's the difference between a European ram and a German ram? Pictures would still be nice as I've never seen a long fined ram before. :)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
technically they should be called South American Blue rams ;)

I prefer Ramirezi or blue ram ;)

the 'German' Blue Ram was bred in Germany to enhance the blue..the Czechs believe that they actually created the 'blue' blue ram ;)
it's a long and complicated story :grinyes:

IO suspect the european ram is just another name for Ramirezi

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
try this

Microgeophagus Ramirezi male.jpg

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
technically they should be called South American Blue rams ;)

I prefer Ramirezi or blue ram ;)

the 'German' Blue Ram was bred in Germany to enhance the blue..the Czechs believe that they actually created the 'blue' blue ram ;)
it's a long and complicated story :grinyes:

IO suspect the european ram is just another name for Ramirezi
Exactly. No difference between Blue, German, European, Butterfly, or whatever names use they sell them...it's all Mikrogeophagus ramirezi

leoslizards

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
Wow that's a beautiful fish. Where can I get some? I saw a website a few months ago that was selling five of them for $25.00 including shipping. I lost the bookmark though and haven't been able to find it again.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
my preference for them is the more 'Normal' appearance.
but they are 'interesting' ;)

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
for me, veil rams (and veil angels, veil black skirts, etc) are great and i like them, but i dont know if i would want to watch them in my own tank every day. every once and a while i'll picture my fish with veiled fins, and i like them better with regular ones. just a personal preference, but i like looking at them in other people's tanks and pics. who knows, maybe when i add to my black skirt school i'll get veiled ones. or maybe i will end up getting a veiled ram...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store