Even read the label on a product?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
you would be amazed at the stupidity of the person who actually puts the text together....

Niko
Yes, its not the stupidity of the person who writes these, the legal department makes the company place these warnings on the package due to the stupidity of the end user. Its amazing that stupidity can make someone a few million dollars.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I had an interesting discussion about tort law the other night with my father in law. We were talking about the cost of frivolous law suits in this country and how they both use resources and waste money. His idea which makes a certain amount of sense to me, is that awards from law suits get awarded to the state. The point behind most tort law is to penalize negligence and public hazards. If the state is able to set this negligence right, perhaps they should be awarded part or all of the damages to continue the efforts. It would help clear out the legal system, as well as cut back on the number of people filing law suits who are just looking to get money out of companies with deep pockets.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Actually the number of cases is exaggerated. Most cases where someone is being sued are brought on by corporations not regular joes...though most are dismissed because they are frivilous...

I found this article to be very interesting...

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0122-11.htm

plantling

One bulwet left!
Feb 10, 2007
South Carolina
It's sad, but without those warnings some pple will be silly (understatement) and injure their silly selves. While I was in France, one of the main complaints from the French was that lawsuits were too rampant in the US. They laugh at Americans for not using our own common sense about safety. Someone mentioned the instructions for something they bought included "Open the box.":rolleyes:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
is it okay if we post are own funny warning labels in this thread?
Look under your keyboard... What does the warning say?

________

Radar

Thought is free.
May 26, 2007
Kentucky
Ya made me turn my key board over and see what it says. Made in Thailand. WARNING:Improper or Prolonged keyboard use may result in injury.I'm guessing to keep people from sueing them if they get carpal tunnel.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
It's sad, but without those warnings some pple will be silly (understatement) and injure their silly selves. While I was in France, one of the main complaints from the French was that lawsuits were too rampant in the US. They laugh at Americans for not using our own common sense about safety. Someone mentioned the instructions for something they bought included "Open the box.":rolleyes:

The warnings don't stop people from hurting themselves....people are going ot keep doing stupid things regardless of how many ways you tell them not to. The warnings just help protect corporations from taking the blame for people's stupidity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store