Ever have anything in your tank that scares you?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kgb

AC Members
Jun 6, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I'm sometimes scared of reaching under the LR if I need to re arrange it... Like some kind of fearsome monster will be under there ready to eat my fingers. Maybe it's just me, though. :rolleyes: Or like that one guy posted here, I think he was getting squirted with water when he was sleeping.

Decz

AC Members
Aug 15, 2002
BC, Canada
lololol, funny that you started this thread... I have this one rock that I need to move, but everytime I grab it, I get zapped. I don't kno how else to describe it, it's like a static shock... I've never seen anything in there that could do that, so I really don't have a clue what it is. But there's no way that I'll be putting my bare hands near that rock again... a couple of hard zaps and I'm done!

RobKemp

AC Members
Dec 13, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
www.robkemp.com
I had this really strange formation occur above the waterline. It looked like a whole bunch of seaseme seeds glued together (didn't really look like eggs) and kept my distance, thinking it might be some bug attracted by the moisture and warmth. Have never seen it before and never seen it since I removed it (after much debate). Measured about 2inches long...

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
I once had a particularly large decorator crab as a hitch hiker! i only noticed it when a rock started to move when i was eating my dinner in front of the tank, scared me to death .... "the rocks are alive!!!"

Carlzmom

AC Members
Dec 30, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
www.shopwithjean.com
My first introduction to a rather large Bristleworm in my new 55 g gave me the heeby jeebies. It came out from under the live rock while I was sitting there nose to the glass, and just kept coming out with no end in sight. I thought it was going to be a foot long. I never did see the end of it. This picture doesn't really do him justice, but here's Mr. B. He doesn't seem to bother anybody but he's obviously eating something!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I've been scared twice. First time, we were swapping critters around, and I went to move a sally ight foot crab. She was sitting in the back edge of the tank, so I very carefully scooped her up, feeling pleased that she wasn't running away--only to have it literally crumble in my hands as I brought my hand to the surface. Turns out I'd scooped up a recent shed, but it still scared the heck out of me.

Second time, we were pulling out everything to put in a sand bed. I picked up a medium sized rock that was convex on the bottom. I wrapped my fingers around the rock, and felt something prickly squirm out of the way. Freaked me out! flipped it over, and it was the large red and black brittle star pictured in the hitch hikers thread.

Oh, and I've had triggers do everything from spit and splash water at me, to bite me--that is a nasty surprise when you're not paying enough attention!

Pineapple

Love4Monsters
Dec 11, 2005
The first scare was a faulty GFCI and a bad pump. Electricity and water. Ewwhh. The second is a worm with the head the size of a quarter. It is still there. I hardly see it because it lives in the rock. It really didn’t scare me, just hard to look at.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store