Everything is poorly. help!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
True, however, what might be acceptable breeding conditions for one species of fish could be "dying time" for another. I'm not saying you are in those conditions, just that it is a possibility and, in my experience, of your listed stoc, cories are the canary in your coal mine.

cecooper

AC Members
May 24, 2011
Yeah my plec is showing signs of illness now. I hope it sorts itself out soon, i am at a loss what to do. Other than try what you all suggested. One of the other corys is not well now either. The bigger one of the four is sitting in one of the plants and has not moved since about four, but he is still breathing. He is extremely pale now though, the other one that has become ill is also pale. Sad that something has decided to wipe them out. I have had these fish for a long time. I'm quite fond of them.

cecooper

AC Members
May 24, 2011
Hi all thanks for your help. The plec is better, the white splodge on his nose has gone. The peppers are looking better, still not very lively but thats to be expected i am sure. There colour seems to be returning which i think is a good sign and they are no longer listing to one side, he is also able to sit still now without having to wedge himself on something. They are not rising to the surface as much either. I have lowered the temp to 79f do you think that is low enough or should i go lower. It ranges now between 77 and 79.
I will add more filter gunge today as it seems to be helping. The amonia by my test is still 0.25, but without a more acurate test i cannot tell if it has lowered. The gold barb ( as i have finally discovered) is alot better, he is healing nicely even without treatment. I think the stress coat is speeding that along. I was not able to qt him as i did not have anything big enough to put him in. But he is still doing well. Everything else looks back to normal.
Thankyou all for your help and i will keep you all posted as to whats happening.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Well, AFAIK, Tropical tanks do best between 72 and 76f, so your still a little to high for them. Not like "death to fish" high, but more like "lethargic fish" high. How old is your test kit? They eventually become useless due to age (i think).

Good to know that your fish are getting better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store