evil platies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
:mad2:. i have a bunch of one inch blue hi fin mickey mouse platies that are attacking my new river snails. aggresively attacking them so the snails have to hide in their shells. i saw it happen to 2 different snails by 2 different platies at the same time. is there anything i can do besides get rid of the platies?

pezzy

AC Members
Jun 19, 2008
Hotlanta
my ramshorn snail that is with my platies, mollies & danios is doing great. They dont attack it all. I guess i got lucky?

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
My platies do not attack snails either.

I do know that swordtails will attacks snails. Chance that your platy has some swordtail in it, or perhaps is a swordtail altogether?

pezzy

AC Members
Jun 19, 2008
Hotlanta
ahh yeah could be

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
the platies only attack the large snails and leaves the ramshorns, pond, and mt snails alone. maybe they are attracted to the large antennae.
Large snails aren't that difficult to find either which makes them likely victims to harassments by most fish species.

inkyjenn

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
southern california
my swordtails never really bothered my snails. occasionally nipped off an antenna, but other than that nothing

stormomi

AC Members
Jun 28, 2007
I have a pair of platies with ramshorns and MTS. They don't seem interested in the snails at all.

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
my swordtails never really bothered my snails. occasionally nipped off an antenna, but other than that nothing
The tentacles are the snail's sensory organs - kind of like something eating off one of your ears, a few fingers, or an eyeball. Even if it's only "occasionally", that's not such a great thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store