FallenAngel's Planted 14g Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Since this is my other main tank (the other is the 35g), it deserves it's own thread.

Tank Specs:

Size: 14 gallons
Substrate: White Pea Gravel
Fauna:
- 1 Male Betta (or Siamese Fighter - as we call them in NZ)
- 4 Cherry barbs 1m/3f
- 2 Peppered Cories (originally 5, but 3 seem to have disappeared (?) )
- 3 Pygmy Cories (Waiting for my friend who breeds them to have another few ready to be added)
Flora:
- Wisteria
- Java Fern
- Stargrass
- Corkscrew Vallisneria
- Crypts
- Osiris Sword (I'll be throwing this out when the crypts are big enough to replace it)
Hardscape: A small piece of driftwood and 3 round stones
Filtration: I actually don't know what to call it, the tank is an Aqua One kit that has a built in filter.
Lighting: Built in, 1 bulb, 20W
Fertilisation: Nothing at the moment, I'll get some Flourish excel soon though to give the plants a bit of help growing.

I'm pretty pleased with the layout that I have now.

Today I had my friend drop off 3 baby Pygmy Corys that he had been raising. I know, it's not enough for a proper school, but right now it's only temporary. He's raising some younger ones that I'll be getting from him in a few weeks time, upping the school to 8-10. I don't plan on getting more Peppered Corys because I'm getting more Pygmy Corys. I might get 2-3 Otocinclus to help with the algae that sometimes grow on the glass.

Heres a really dark photo of my betta who is also living in the 14g..

FA.

Last edited:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank!

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Very pretty! Looks great. I love the 'scape and plants.

ADDENDUM: I didn't mean to leave out the fishies: they are pretty, too. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store