FallenAngel's Planted 35g Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Just updating my 35g, but I'll probably be keeping my 35g updates separate from my other tanks in this thread from now on.

Tank specs:

Size: 35 gallons
Substrate: Plain Grey/Black Gravel
Fauna:
- 11x Cordoras Catfish - 6x Bronze, 5x Albino
- 3x Rhombo Barbs and 1x Dwarf Lemon Barb - I want to sell these or return them to the shop, as they aren't the right type of fish for the tank, the Dwarf Lemon Barb wasn't meant to be taken home, but the LFS employee accidentally caught it and put it in the bag.
- 1x Blue Ram - I used to have a m/f pair of these but unfortunately the male died from an unknown reason, so I'll be picking up another in a month or two after I see if the tanks healthy enough for another.
- 2x Albino Bristlenose Ancistrus
Flora:
- Large Amazon Sword
- Needle Leaf Java Fern
- Dwarf Sag
- Cryptocorynes
- Sunset Hygrophilia
Hardscape: Large Driftwood
Filtration: Aquis 1000 Canister
Lighting: Aqua One AL 30D, 30W x2
Co2 and Fertilizers: None, I have a Nutrafin 'Nature Style' Co2 Ladder + cylinder, but I was put off of it because I caught my 2 blue rams stuck behind the ladder. I'm going to start using Flourish Excel soon.

I want to change a few things around but this is basically how the scape will stay long term. I want to add some stargrass, and I'm still not sure if I want to keep the Amazon Sword in there.

FA.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank and fishies!

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Female Ram..

Unfortunately my late male GBR's mate, has died.

I don't think I'll be getting more GBR's any time soon as they're expensive and don't seem to like my tank. Oh well.

I'm actually thinking about getting a few Chocolate Lyretail Killifishes, I saw them in my LFS this morning for the first time, and woah, they're amazing. And I thought I needed some red in my tank. One problem though - they're $28.80 each! Even more than the GBR's. But, 'apparently' they're a lot easier to care for, timid and peaceful - so basically, they're perfect for the tank. So I'll look into them.

FA.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store