fantail needs help!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I would advise emailing King British and Interpet companies first before you attempt to treat so you will know what ingredients they have actually used. There is one Interpet product that Coler questioned in 2007 about and he did receive a reply over the ingredients used from Interpet.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Here are the two products.

Interpet Anti Internal Bacteria (Fish Health Treatment Number 9)
Ingredients:
Bronopol (522mg), Formaldehyde (900mg) and Benzalkonium Chloride (250mg)
Comments by Coler: All check out as being legitimate fish treatments pretty much, in fact for bacteria and parasites but would have to be considered as very aggressive and crude. It's a two part treatment and you must dose the second part after 4 days. Like all aggressive treatments using it with another treatment would be nuts. You don't do water changes during treatment (one week) so advise large change prior to dosing so as to not have high nitrates - this I think is pretty important in e.g. a fully stocked cichlid tank. After dosing and waiting out as per directions run carbon or do very large water changes over a couple of days.

It has no antibiotic agent.

Does it work ? I don't know. I read up on the active ingredients and they scared me.lol I went with good old fashioned large daily changes for a week and my problem resolved. I would use only in cases where this has been tried and is not working, fish are dieing, and you don't have access to e.g. Maracyn/Maracyn 2.

On another issue, it does say on the box "harmful to aquatic organisms. may cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environment"....

It does claim to be plant and bacterial filtration safe nonetheless. I can't see that it would be harmful to inverts as no copper.

Finally, I believe it is not really a specifically anti-bacterial treatment - the formaldehyde and Bronopol is also indicated for parasites.

Best way to use it IMO is buy it, read the box, show the fish the box, explain that if they don't get better then they're getting this stuff. It will terrify them back to health.

Interpet Liquisil General Tonic
Ingredients: Bronopol, Copper, Formaldehyde, Silver Proteinate
Extreme Caution:
This is a medicine not advisable for use. Why? After a few research done by a fellow member, Bronopol which is one of its active ingredients has the potential to kill all livestocks and plants if not used properly. It is highly toxic even to the users. Copper is another matter and should not be used where invertebrates are concerned.

The silver proteinate is for staining purposes and can block out light which can kill most fungal developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store