feeding clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
thanx. yeah mine has scared me a few times as well. if i wake up early, he sleeps by the surface. not lately though. i try and feed him freeze dried brine shrimp, and flake food. im gonna get some other food today as well.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
i talked to the lfs and said that since he is eating, just not aggressively then maybe another clown would help him eat, or atleast get him moveing around the tank more. this sound like a good theory?

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Maybe. Once they decided who was boss, my clowns have been inseparable. There will probably be a little scuffling at first. In my admittedly anthropomorphic opinion, clowns are lonely as singles.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
so far so good. i added the fish a little while ago, and they are rubbing up against eachother. anyways, the old clown fish is swimming around with the new one, which i think is a good sign.

DREW

um...um...um...Hmmmm
Jan 14, 2004
S.E. Michigan (U.S.A.)
just wanted to add my experience with my Percula clown fish.
I've had a p air for about 2 months now, they' ve always been good eaters , whatever I put in the tank they'll eat. And they always poke they're heads out of the water when I open the lid.

The larger 1 likes to swim on it 's side in the current at the very top of the tank. They used to sleep on the bottom of the tank until last week I put a backing picture on the back of the tank. On 1 side of the backing is a picture of a huge anemone and they've been acting like they 're trying to get into the picture of the anemone. Now they sleep up in the top back corner of the tank by the anemone picture & they lay side ways. Very strange.

Talk about being really scared when I first notice them in the morning. But when I turn the light on in the room they swiming around like normal.
Mine are also with a few Damsels but the clowns don't really bother them unless they get too close, then they just shoo em' away.
Anyway , just wanted to share that, these are strange fish indeed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store