festae addition

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Any updates?

x3kenster

AC Members
Nov 3, 2009
nice coloring. i just picked up a "red terror" as well last week or so but how do i tell if hes a true terror or a false? because ive heard that a lot of festae at lfs are mostly false...

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
nice coloring. i just picked up a "red terror" as well last week or so but how do i tell if hes a true terror or a false? because ive heard that a lot of festae at lfs are mostly false...
Can you post a pic? One of the easiest ways I find to tell the difference between the two is by looking at the bars behind the head. If they bars coming down form a "Y" it's a true Festae. You can also tell by the position of the eye spot on the tail.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Thanks for the update pics. How big is he and do you keep him with any tank mates?

DISCIPLE

AC Members
Mar 14, 2007
Thanks man. He's about 7 to 8" long in a tank with a wild caught myan and a 14" oscar. Hs girlfriend has been ordered so I'm waiting on her. Can't wait to see them both color up when she goes in they will be beautiful. I love a females coloration.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Sounds good. Can't wait to see some pics of that female! How agressive his he? I'd like to get one for my 120 but I think my male Jag would kill it. He doesn't play well with others except for my female Loisellei.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Again Small Fry, this is a VERY old thread you have resurrected.

8DiagramPoleFighter

AC Members
Nov 3, 2015
NOLA
Real Name
Fuzzy
Camera Used
Sony Alpha 58
Nice festae. Congrats on the pick-up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com