Finally a BIGGER tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
666 posts............... bad luck scotty haha

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Formerly ExPeNsIvE AdDiCtIoN on MFK
Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Lol my phone doesn't even show a post count at all. I still hate the "mobile friendly" version. I have an iPhone, it should load this site normal but they changed something and now it doesn't work right. But whatever...

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
i normally use my iphone and it took some getting used to........ i got a new tank a 5g one. My gf is kicking off about it, so a showed a picture of you in your tank and she said 'he has got to be single' haha. I cant wait to see this set up!!!!

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Ok update!

I got my heater and pump today!!!

Here's my big pump, there is a quarter ther for size comparison

And here is a detail on the specs

And here is the 1000watt heater next to the pump

Part list is slowly coming together

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
this is what it says...........................

Warning, may cost you lots of money!:D

Dude, that thing is giant!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
congrats on the baby! im a little late here, havent been on this thread for a while. you never know, you could be creating raising another obssessed fishkeeper for AC in your daughter! just keep her away from the GATF, LOL

good luck w/ your tank and daughter!

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
A lot of money? Yes most likely, but were you talking about the heater or my daughter? Cause either way I'm sure they're gonna cost a grip lol.

And Spencerguy1, welcome back to the thread! And thank you very much!

Update on my lil girl, HEALTHY AS CAN BE.

I'm serious, I'm so blessed with her, truly an easy newborn! She barely even fusses! I mean she cries at night, but still a real pleasure to deal with lol.

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Btw, If my math is right, this thing should put out around 1170gph based on what the label says... That seems very very low for a pump of this size, am I missing something??

I still haven't done the real world bucket flow test, which I will today, but at the current number it should, in theory, fill a 5g bucket in about 15sec. Seem to slow for a 500g system??

ExPeNsIvE HoBbY

Sep 9, 2010
Fishville USA
Real Name
Scotty MaC
Ok, did the test, it did 5g in 8 seconds. That's 2250gph! I'm excited to see that result as I was told it was only a little over 1000gph.

The best thing is, this pump will have almost zero loss from head. It's head is rated at 8m and has the ability to pump up to 30.5m! Agh!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store