Finally...Altums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
thanks Jpap.. I'll know more in the next few days

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Mine came today. I ordered 18, they sent 20 of which two were small and one of those was dead upon debagging. They have been in their Q tank now for a few hours. I am about to go check on then again.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
keep us posted TTA
don't forget pics

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
*UPDATE*

just wanted to keep updated.
keeping Altum is challenging..it helps when you get a good source for the fish(HAW) and have sage advice..found here.
I lost 1 of my Altums.. the others are still going on.. I have completed furan 2 course of treatment.. this week will be internal parasite treating..general cure will be used for this..
I wanted to give the Altums some time to clear up, so to speak, before starting the course of treatment.
they have grown the largest is over 1" body .
I still keep pH low.. -6 with UV running and daily 10% water changes.. the Altum are starting to get use to the intervention in the evening.. and at times I think they look forward to the new fresh aged water.
I'll try to get them comfy tonite and snap some pictures.

I have gone to keeping the tank light on for about 3 hrs per day then turning on a LED night light.. the Altums share space in my garage with breeding Scalare in a 29 across the aisle.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
*UPDATE*

it's been awhile..sorry no pictures.. the Altums are a bit shy with all the treatments.
but it appears they are doing better.

I'll spend a few days gong water changes and getting them back to a normal schedule.. then see if they let me take pictures.
for all who have seen Altums.. I must say..they are well worth the extra effort..the long fins are amazing as is their striping , color and body form

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Sounds good! Will wait for more pics too!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
100_1791.JPG

most recent taken Friday evening

100_1791.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com