Finding Nemo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Liquid_Pyro

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
Survival story

I have a growout tank for some of my cichlid fry, and I had a mother yellow lab cichlid spit 12 fry into the tank. That was over a month ago...today I was doing my filter maintenance on my Fluval 305 on the growout tank and to my surprise I found a 13th yellow lab fry living in the filter!

Even crazier part, I had turned that filter off 3 days prior as I was doing some tank juggling and moving things around and was going to move the Fluval 305 to a different tank as the fry tank had more than enough filtration already.

So not only did he live in the filter for over a month but he also survived 3 days in basement cold water...what a trooper, he is now reunited with his brothers and sisters.

Obviously he had watched finding nemo earlier but didn't take a big enough rock into the filter intake tube to stop the propeller in the filter...

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Aw, cute story!

Liquid_Pyro

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
I could get some pics yes, but he is only roughly a 1/2 inch little fry still, his growth may be slightly stunted due to living in a canister filter compartment for a month...

been meaning to get some tank shots up actually...good idea

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store