finrot - water changes not helping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boobiebutt

AC Members
Jul 5, 2008
Day 4 UPDATE:

Ammonia

Nitrite

Nitrate

It looks like my tank is cycled cause the nitrate test is getting darker on the scale and the ammonia/nitrites are on the lowest end of the scale.

I will be testing it 1 more time tomorrow afternoon before I do a water change. So if water quality is not the issue for the cause of finrot. What is? Is the only solution in maracyn and/or maracyn 2? The same issue is actually occuring with my gf's betta and she has attempted with meds but they don't seem to work. We got our bettas at the same time so could it be a bad batch? They were bright, energetic and healthy when we purchased them. I don't want to be a bad fish keeper. =(

boobiebutt

AC Members
Jul 5, 2008
The ammonia and nitrite is still the same and the nitrates is at the next level up. I did a water change today and I noticed my betta struggling to swim to the top to eat. It sinks rapidly when it stops moving. Is it old or is there another bladder issue? This is happening to my gf's betta as well.

Anyone?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store